Operations Management of Bell Helicopter Company - Essay Example
Bell aircraft can be found flying in over 120 nations accumulating fleet time at a rate in excess of ten flight hours every minute of the day (Bell helicopter, 2005).
1. Bell helicopter company offers a team of product support engineers and customer service representatives, fluent in many languages, who are available for the whole day and whole week to assist customers around the world, thus allowing timely diagnosis of a problem and appropriate solution.
2. Bell Helicopter Company warrants each overhauled or exchanged component to be free from defect in material or workmanship under normal use and service. Sellers' sole obligation under this warranty is limited to replacement or repair of parts which are determined to sellers' reasonable satisfaction to have been defective within 1500 hours or operation or two calendar years after installation whichever comes first and reimbursement of reasonable freight charges (bellhelicopter.com).
3. Although the company is equipped with impressive manufacturing facilities, it depends on many North American and foreign suppliers who provide more than 500 million dollars worth of components or services annually.
4. 4. The material team is composed of seasoned aerospace industry professionals who, by closely working with suppliers, ensure constant availability of quality supplies, to benefit both company's operations and its clients, while minimizing the inventory cost and the total purchase cost of these parts.
5. Aeronautical accessories Inc. provides aeronautical accessories designs, certifies, manufactures and markets a wide selection of quality helicopter parts and accessories for manufacturers including Bell, Eurocopter, Sikorsky, and others. The company supplies products directly to helicopter manufacturers for installation on new aircraft and to helicopter operators worldwide. Rotor Blade Inc. supports bell operators with quality blade repairs. RBI offers a 3-year, 2000 hour prorated warranty on every blade repair.
6. Bell Helicopter Company uses state-of-the-art equipment such as computerized and personalized systems for flight tests (CAFTA) or for new product design (CATIA) to meet its stringent requirements. The BHTCL Engineering Department possesses a unique helicopter-technology expertise.
7. The purpose of Quality Assurance in Bell is to provide total confidence that the finished product meets or exceeds given Federal Aviation or ISO 9001 regulations and that the product has been manufactured in conformity with Bell Helicopter Quality Standards.
8. The functions of Quality Assurance consist in quality-system evaluation of suppliers to ensure they fulfil company's requirements, receiving inspection, aircraft certification, non-destructive testing, gauge calibrating and corrective and preventive action programs. Quality Assurance is responsible for maintaining manufacturer approval on behalf of Transport Canada and is also responsible for the Aircraft Maintenance Organization.
9. Bell Helicopter is committed to airborne law enforcement, corporate, EMS, and Energy/Utility markets. Bell provides a specialist to ensure that customers have someone to rely on for their specific needs (2006).
10. For cost effectiveness in manufacturing, the company uses Business Objects to improve assembly operation
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.